CURRENTLY OPEN TO REVIEW REQUESTS
Hi! Firstly, thank you for wanting me to review something for you! Secondly, My review policy is below so please take a few seconds to read through it before you send me a request. If the request makes it obvious that you haven’t read the policy, it will be deleted.
I will do my best to get back to you with your request as soon as possible. However, I hold the right to deny a request without any explanation. I will reply to your request with a confirmation to review or not if it complies with the policy. If it does not, I will delete it.
It’d be preferable if you went through the books I’ve reviewed just to see what type of books I usually read. I read many different types of books but the ones listed are what I prefer to read.
Genres I will accept
- Science Fiction
- Historical Romance (Very pick about this)
- Literary Fiction
- Women’s Fiction/”Chick-Lit”
Genres I will NOT accept
- Reverse Harem
Formats I will accept the book in
- Physical Copy (ARC, Paperback or Hardcover)
- Digital (Mobi for a file sent direct to my kindle or Epub form)
I don’t particularly read Audiobooks but I might make exceptions.
What to Include in the Request
- The Subject should be “Review Request: [book title] by [author name]
- The Summary of the book
- The release date
- Trigger warnings (I have very few to no triggers when reading but I’d still like to know if there are any)
- A time frame, if you have one, for when you’d like the review to be posted as that might impact my decision depending on whether I’d have time or not.
- Anything else you consider relevant (like why you think this would be a good fit for me)
What if I Accept your Request?
I will always inform you first if i choose to accept the request. However, please keep in mind that accepting doesn’t mean I will read it immediately. I have a huge stack of books to read at all times but if i accept the request, I’ll definitely post the review during the timeline.
If your book is an ARC, I will try my best to post it more around the release date. I might promote it even more if I really loved it.
What if I didn’t like the book?
I aim for all my reviews to be honest whether that means they’ll be positive or negative. I need to make it clear that just because you sent me a book, doesn’t mean it’ll get a fabulous review. If you only wish for positive reviews, not honest ones, I might not be the best person to send a review request to. While my review may possibly be negative and might have things I don’t like which I will be vocal about, I will always be respectful about it as well and not attacking.
Where will I post reviews?
- Here on my blog
- Barnes and Noble
- Sometimes Instagram
- Amazon (This depends as I live in the UAE so will only be able to review on Amazon AE)
What else am I open to, apart from reviews?
- Author Interviews: This one depends as I will only interview authors I know of.
- Blog Tours: I do lots of these. However, I have to have some interest in the book and there should be interesting content for it. I don’t do blog tours with excerpts, etc as that’s just copy-paste content.
- Cover Reveals: Again, I’m picky about this one and I only do it for a book or author I’m excited for/love. I would also prefer it and am more likely to do it if it’s “exclusive” as in the people revealing the cover are selective and there aren’t hundreds of people doing it.
- Guest Posts/Guest Blog: I am open to this one and would love to do it! This bullet counts for both, me guest blogging on another blog and someone else guest blogging on mine if the topic is interesting and would fit with my blog.
I am NOT open to:
- Only Promo blitzes
- Cover Reveals that lots of people will reveal
- Paid reviews
- Guest Posts with topics that don’t interest me or fit with my blog
How can you contact me with requests?
urvi (at) shelflove (dot) online
If you’ve gone through the entire review policy and your request falls under the guidelines and you DON’T hear for me, I apologize as I’ll always try to respond with at least a confirmation or denial but sometimes it just won’t be possible to reply to every request. Thank you once again for wanting me to read your book though, I’m honored!