Hi! I’m Urvi!
I’m a self-proclaimed book freak and the writer, editor and everything else for this blog! I read various genres and other than reading, I love writing , music (I can sing (I think) and play the guitar but I try and I fail at writing songs), psychology, computers, law and wait for it…Astronomy! I’m also 100% a dog person so if you don’t love them I’d probably hate you. Just kidding. Also, if you ever want to buy me a gift, you should definitely go with books;)
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I’m a high school student and an Indian but I live in Dubai, UAE.
- Random things I’m obsessed with for no reason whatsoever- Beanies (even in the summer), Roses and Flowers (I’m not very girly but that’s girly I know), the color black, LIP GLOSSES OMG, and you should know that my laptop and AirPods are my absolute life, after books, of course.
- I never ever thought I’d blog or Bookstagram because I hate putting myself out there but apparently plans change because here I am, blogging and truly putting myself out there in the most raw form possible.
- I’m incredibly shy and an absolute introvert. I’m also very curious, if you mention something I don’t know anything about, you can bet that you’d find me searching it up on my laptop in 0.001 seconds oops (my parents tease me about it mercilessly)
- I love writing things, I’m almost always writing or typing away and I love music too but no matter how much I try, I can’t seem to write good songs so we shall never talk about it.
ABOUT THIS BLOG
- This blog was born out of my love for books and my need to talk about books with someone or you know, more than one someone who understood because I don’t really know anyone in real life who loves books.
- On this blog, you’ll find reviews, discussions, lists, + I signed up as a host with a few companies so you’ll find blog tours, release blitzes and a lot more too. (I’ve only done blog tours so far because school is killing me but I’ve started writing up some good posts so please don’t give up on me!!)
- I started this blog on the last day of 2020 but didn’t truly start blogging until Mid-January-Early February. I almost instantly fell in love with blogging and bookstagramming although I didn’t think it’d be as easy as that.
- I’m open to working with anyone and everyone so you can contact me through the contact me page but if you’re lazy like me and don’t want to go there, the link is here.
Genres: Contemporary, Fantasy, Romance, Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Apocalyptic and Mystery
Music: I listen to everything and can’t pick a single artist but my favorite band is probably Coldplay, they’re just too good. (Their song “Yellow” owns my whole heart) And my favorite girl group is Little Mix, hands down.
Books: I can literally never choose and if you ask me to, you’re just plain cruel because out of all the beautiful novels out there, how do I pick just ONE?
Shows: The Vampire Diaries, Originals and Legacies. Bones, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Shadowhunters, iZombie, there’s probably more I forgot right now. (Yes, as you can tell, I’m very indecisive)
Movies: Probably all Christmas movies + a couple of horror/psycho movies
Season: I’m divided between Fall and Winter, they both have their merits
Color: Black all the way🖤🖤🖤
Supernatural creatures: Vampires and Witches (because who doesn’t love them?)
A random fact: I love all things zombies. I watch movies, shows and read way too many dystopian novels with that theme. I’d probably be amazing in a zombie apocalypse if it ever happened (I strongly believe in science and anything can happen with science right?) So point is, I’m obsessed even though I’m terrified of the prospect, have nightmares for days on end when I watch or read something related to them, go everywhere imagining “what if there’s a zombie there?”, kick my house’s door in instead of twisting the handle and opening it like a sane person because what if its in there and bites my hand and yet that doesn’t stop me from doing it again. (I know that doesn’t make sense) So basically, I’m insane. Because the definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result and I’m stuck in a loop.
Anyway, if you wish to subscribe to Shelf Love (please do🥺), you can do so on the home page and through every other page’s sidebar and the footer and if you wish to contact me for whatever reason, personal or for something bookish related (if you’re an author or publisher), you can do that here. I’m always open to connecting with new people so don’t hesitate in reaching out here or on my Instagram! I’m open to take review requests too, please read my review policy (here) before you contact me with the request.
Thanks for being here and happy reading!